Need a quick Thai noodle dish with items in your pantry? Try this easy take on Pad See Ew, Thai soy sauce spaghetti noodles with chicken!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 servings of your favorite spaghetti or pasta noodles (for us it’s usually half a package)
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin bite-size pieces
- 3–4 cups fresh spinach or kale
- 2–3 tbsp., to taste light Thai soy sauce
- 2–3 tbsp., to taste dark Thai soy sauce
- 1–2 tbsp., to taste oyster sauce
- 2–3 tsp., to taste sugar
- White pepper powder, to taste
- Thai Sriracha chili sauce, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles cook, add 1 tbsp. oil to a pan set on medium-high heat.
- Scramble the eggs and cook until set. Take out the eggs and place on a plate.
- Add more oil if needed, then add garlic.
- Stir the garlic until fragrant, and add the chicken.
- I like to add a little of each sauce at this point to the chicken.
- Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked eggs, sauces, sugar, noodles and spinach.
- Mix and add more sauces to taste. I like this dish to taste savory with a sweet hint.
- Sprinkle white pepper on each serving to taste.
- If you like, you can also add Thai Sriracha to your pad see ew like they do in my Thai hubby’s hometown Sukhothai.
- Serving Size: 3-4