Want to know the secret to cutting limes and lemons? This trick shows you how to cut perfect, squeezable lime slices!
- 1 lime
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Cut off both ends of the lime.
- Stand it up on either end, so you can core your lime.
- Cut on the outside of the circle that’s now on top of your lime.
- Do it again to the other side.
- Then cut the two other sides until you have a mini core left with all the parts that always make it hard to get the juice out of your lime.
- Cut the bigger sides again if you want smaller, cuter slices. Or not!
- Squeeze your lime over pad thai, tom yum or whatever Thai dish needs some zesty flavor! Enjoy!
Lemons aren’t used in Thai cooking since they don’t have lemons in Thailand. But you can use this same method to cut lemons too!
Take a look at the pictures in this post to see a visual of each step.