Love how Thai morning glory, aka water spinach, is so easy to make and so full of umami flavor from Thai yellow bean paste plus a spicy zing from Thai chili peppers! Easy week night veggies don’t get better than this! | thai-foodie.com
- 1 bunch of morning glory, aka water spinach, cut into 2-inch lengths, about 6 cups
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2–3 Thai chili peppers, depending on spice preference, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1.5 tsp Thai yellow soybean sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- Mix the oyster sauce, yellow bean sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl. It’s important to have all the sauces pre-mixed, so you can put them all in at once since stir-frying the morning glory is super fast.
- Warm a few tablespoons of cooking oil in a wok over high heat.
- Once it’s smoking, add garlic to the wok and remove the wok from the burner to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn, and stir-fry the garlic.
- Once the garlic is toasted and fragrant, after less than a minute, place it back on the burner.
- Add the morning glory, chili pepper and sauces you’ve pre-mixed to the hot pan all at once.
- Quickly stir-fry constantly until water spinach shrinks down, should only take a minute or so, adding water or broth if it looks dry, until the leaves are wilted and the stems are crispy tender.
- Turn off the heat and serve alongside other amazing Thai dishes and jasmine rice.
- Serving Size: 3-4