Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is full of the perfect combination of Thai flavors, and an easy weeknight meal!
- 2 eggs
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced meat, we like sausage (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple (you can use canned, but we love fresh!)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 cups cooked day old rice (the drier, the better)
- 2 tsp Thai soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp oyster sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional), to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 green onion stalks cut into 1/4in pieces
- Handful of cilantro leaves to sprinkle on each serving
- 1 lime quartered to serve with each serving
- Warm a few teaspoons of cooking oil of your choice in a wok over medium high heat.
- Add the eggs and scramble until set.
- Add the garlic and onions, and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the diced meat, and stir-fry until cooked through. Or leave out the meat, and make Vegetarian Thai Pineapple Fried Rice!
- Add peas and carrots (or whatever veggies you have in your fridge you want to use up), cashews and pineapple. Stir-fry until warmed through.
- Once everything is fully cooked, scoop all that is in the wok into a separate container.
- Add a teaspoon or two of cooking oil to your wok on medium high heat.
- Make sure you’ve broken up the rice, so it’s not in any big chunks. Add the rice to the wok, and stir-fry until warm and glistening.
- Add the turmeric. Stir-fry until the rice has become a sunny yellow, and turn off the heat.
- Add back the ingredients you took out, and also add in the green onions, and sauces. I usually don’t measure my sauces, and instead add a little at a time, and taste it until it reaches the flavor I like.
- WARNING! Be careful not to add too much Thai soy sauce or oyster sauce because then your fried rice will be gooey! Add only a few teaspoons of the sauces, and if it’s still not savory enough, add a little salt at a time until it’s reached the flavor you like.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top, and add a wedge of lime on the side of each serving.
- Serving Size: 3-4