Looking for a quick, delicious vegetable side dish made Thai-Style? Try our recipe for stir-fried broccoli with ginger and Thai oyster sauce today!
- 2–3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 in. piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced into strips
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 small stalks of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, sliced into bite sized strips
- 2–3 tbsp., to taste Thai Oyster Sauce
- 2–3 tsp., to taste, fish sauce
- a few dashes of White Pepper Powder
- Warm the cooking oil over medium heat in a wok.
- Add the garlic, ginger and shallot.
- Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Toss in the broccoli and red pepper. Add a few tablespoons of water to help steam the broccoli. I usually have a half-cup of water next to the stove, and will add a few tablespoons at a time once I see the steam going away.
- Add the oyster sauce and fish sauce to taste.
- Stir-fry the broccoli until it’s a vibrant green and crisp.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle on white pepper to taste.
- I like to serve it with steamed Jasmine rice, and this dish goes great with any Thai main entrees! Enjoy!
Feel free to add tofu or meat of your choice to make this a main dish!