Spicy Thai Fried Egg Salad, perfect combo of fresh, zesty flavors: spicy Thai chili peppers, crispy fried egg, crunchy onion, lip-smacking lime and cool cilantro! This super quick, Thai egg salad will rock your tastebuds’ world!
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2–4 Thai chilies, minced
- 2 cups fresh greens (lettuce, baby spinach or power greens)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- Warm the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is very hot and starts to smoke, crack the eggs into the pan close to the oil, and turn down the heat to medium-high.
- Let the eggs sit untouched in the oil for 1-2 minutes until the edges of the egg get really crispy, and the bottom of the egg golden-brown.
- Once crispy, flip the eggs over until the yolk is just set, should only take a minute or so.
- Slide the eggs onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove the oil from the wok.
- Make the dressing by mixing the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic and Thai chilies in the wok over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, about a minute or so. Turn off the heat.
- Cut the eggs into bite-sized pieces, and add them back to the wok along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until all the veggies have dressing on it.
- Enjoy with jasmine rice and dishes like krapaw gai!