Try out Khao Man Gai, a quick weeknight meal that uses a rotisserie chicken to make Thai Chicken and Rice with a ginger chili dipping sauce!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 c. jasmine rice
- 2 c. chicken broth
- handful of cilantro
Khao Man Gai Sauce
- Carve the rotisserie chicken. We eat every bit of the chicken with the rice and sauce, but our favorite part is the breasts.
- Cook the rice using your preferred method, using chicken broth instead of water, on the stove or in the rice cooker.
- While rice is cooking, make the sauce. Add ginger, garlic and Thai chili peppers to a food processor, until it becomes a paste.
- Add sauces, vinegar and sugar to a small sauce pan, and mix in the ginger, garlic chili paste.
- Bring it to a gentle boil for about half a minute. Then remove from heat.
- Taste it, and adjust the sauce to the flavor of your liking. I like mine more salty and sweet, with a hint of sour.
- Put the chicken and rice on a plate. Scatter cilantro on top of the rice, if you prefer. Then put the sauce in small bowl. Add the sauce to each bite, and enjoy!
You can add some tapioca starch or corn starch to the sauce if you want to thicken it some. I mix about a 3 tsp. with some water and then add it at the end before it boils.
- Serving Size: 3-4