Have some Thai curry paste, coconut milk and protein? That’s all you need for this Thai curry instant pot recipe, dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp-1/4 c. Thai curry paste (to taste, if you are using massaman curry paste, I would use 1/4 c. since it’s not spicy, but any other Thai curry paste will be spicy, so do what heat you can handle)
- 4 chicken breasts, or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (our fav with curry)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 cups kale, or any other veggie in the fridge that needs to be used up
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp fish sauce (to taste)
- 1–2 tbsp brown sugar (to taste)
- Optional 1–2 tbsp tamarind paste (I recommend it only if using massaman curry paste)
- cilantro and/or green onions to sprinkle on top
- Turn on the instant pot’s Saute function. Add a tablespoon of cooking oil of choice, and stir-fry the curry paste in the oil until fragrant.
- Open the coconut milk, if it’s legit Thai coconut milk that hasn’t been shaken up, you will see a thicker layer of coconut “cream” at the top. (If it’s not legit, and it’s liquidy, no worries, just add all the coconut milk, and skip this next step.)
- Scoop out the coconut cream to add to the curry paste, and stir-fry together until combined.
- Then add the rest of the coconut milk.
- Turn off the Saute function.
- Add the chicken, onion, kale or veg of choice, and stir it up. Or if you want to wait to add the kale after the chicken is cooked, so it’s more crisp, feel free to wait.
- Turn on to High Pressure for 10 minutes or 15 minutes if your chicken is still frozen.
- Either do natural release, or manual release.
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar and tamarind paste to taste, and kale if you waited to add it.
- Shred the chicken, and sprinkle green onions and/or cilantro on top.
- Enjoy with jasmine rice!
If you are using massaman curry paste, feel free to add some tamarind paste at the end, but if you don’t have tamarind paste, please don’t go and buy some just for this!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai Instant Pot recipe, Thai chicken curry instant pot recipe, Thai massaman curry instant pot recipe, Thai curry instant pot, Thai chicken curry recipe